102nd San Diego East County Chamber of Commerce Annual Dinner
On Saturday, Jan. 25, at its 102nd Annual Dinner, the San Diego East County Chamber of Commerce (SDECCOC) swore in its 2014 35-member board of directors and presented awards to honor the best of East County businesses. Held at the Allen Airways Flying Museum at Gillespie Field in El Cajon, the highly attended event highlighted the business of the year and community service awards.
Out of many nominees, SDECCOC members selected winners over a four-week period.
East County Business of the Year went to San Diego’s RJS Law, accepted by Ronson J. Shamoun, principal and CEO.
El Cajon’s Hacienda Casa Blanca Mexican Restaurant & Cantina earned the Hospitality & Restaurant Industry Award, accepted by owners Tony and Cindy Gomez.
Beverly Ireland, owner of Jasmine Creek Florist in El Cajon took home the Retail & Consumer Goods Industry Award.
Auctioneer Extraordinaire Steve Hamann, who also provided his services for the evening’s silent and live auction, received the Professional Services Industry Award.
Another El Cajon business, Taylor Guitars received the Manufacturing & Construction Industry Award, accepted by Vice President of Product Development Ed Granero and the Non-Profit of the Year Award went to El Cajon’s St. Madeleine Sophie’s Center, accepted by CEO Debra Emerson.
San Diego East County Chamber of Commerce
2013 Community Service Honorees
* Ambassador of the Year, Dave Steele, Solar Power
* Community Service Award, Peggy Buffo, Aztec Insurance and ACES Foundation
* Volunteer of the Year, Drummond Macomber
* Business in Ethics Award, Roger Roberts, Berkshire Hathaway Homes Services California Properties
* Business & Education Award, Steve Devan, Grossmont Schools Federal Credit Union
* Business Advocate Award, Marcel Becker, US Joiner
* Leadership East County Alumni Award Debra Emerson, St. Madeleine Sophie’s Center and Cliff Diamond, Police Best Practices.